WOW Days - walk or wheel to school
Protect the planet, reduce traffic around school, get some exercise, and HAVE FUN!
Walk or Wheel (WoW!) days will be the first Thursday of each month* this year (*exceptions in Jan and May), starting at 7:40am on North Campus and 8:00 am on South Campus.
Be sure to check-in at the WoW! table for your participation to be recorded! Every time you WoW!, you will receive one entry for the WoW! raffle drawings that will occur throughout the year. We will continue our Consistency Challenge this year, and all students who participate on every WoW! day (or miss just one day) will be recognized at the end of the year.
If you live farther from your campus, here are "close by" options to park and then walk or bike:
• North – church parking lot at 190 Jordan Ave. (0.3mi walk)
• South - Heritage Oaks Park (corner of Portland and Miramonte), take Portland to Carmel Terrace and enter at the back of Blach (0.6mi walk).
North campus bike rack etiquette reminders:
• If you arrive early or have a larger bike, park on the far end of the racks closer to the fence. Do not block out a bike rack by parking a large bike on the front end.
• Reserve the first 2 bike racks (closest to the flag pole) and the outer ends of the other bike racks (by the walk way) for the younger students arriving for the 8:35am bell.
Thank you for your cooperation!
2018-2019 WOW DATES
- Sept 6
- Oct 4
- Nov 1
- Dec 6
- Jan 10 * (2nd Thur due to Winter break)
- Feb 7
- Mar 7
- Apr 4
- May 9 * (2nd Thur for closer proximity to National Bike to School Day on May 8th)
We are pleased to recognize the following Los Altos businesses for their generous donation of raffle prizes in support of last year's 2017-2018 WoW! program:
LuLu's Taqueria, SPOT A Pizza Place, Armadillo Willy's, Area 151, Baskin Robbins, Adventure Toys, and Linden Tree Books.