2022 BBC Executive Board
TO CONTACT ANY OF THE BBC BOARD MEMBERS
PLEASE EMAIL: BBC@BULLISBOOSTERSCLUB.COM
BBC 2020 Organization Chart - to be updated
JOIN THE BBC BOARD
We are always looking for ways to engage our community. Recruiting volunteers to join the BBC Board is critical for our ability to continue offering exceptional BBC programs that support our community, students, and staff. A position on the BBC board is typically from January through December, either for 1 or 2 years. This way, board members get a chance to come up to speed on issues, are ready to take action for end-of-year and new school year programs, hence why it doesn't align with the school year.
To learn more about the Bullis Boosters Club, or to nominate a parent for the board, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For 2022, we currently recruit for the following positions on BBC Board:
BBC Chair - one year term
BBC Co-Chair - two year term (Co-Chair becomes the Chair in Year 2)
Time commitment: 20-40 hours/month
The BBC Chair and Co-Chair will fully collaborate in order to:
- Lead, motivate, coordinate, and oversee staffing and accountability of the Executive Board in accordance with the BBC mission.
- Be the official representatives for the organization and official liaisons to other BCS boards (BCS Board and Foundation) and Bullis Charter School.
- Develop the annual overall BBC event, program, and committee plan.
- Calendar and preside at all meetings of the Executive Board and general membership.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility and overall solvency of the organization.
- Sign all authorizations for payment as required by the Executive Board. Co-sign BBC checks. Signers must not be related by blood or marriage or reside in the same household as the other authorized signers for the BBC’s financial accounts.
- Sign all contracts pertaining to the BBC
- Lead the Bylaw Review Committee on a two-year schedule or as needed.
- Lead the Auxiliary Strategic Planning Committee as needed to ensure continuing strategic planning vision.
- Deliver to the successor in office, all records in his/her possession by end of term
- Perform other duties as may be delegated to this position and/or described in the BBC Job Descriptions Manual for this position.
BBC Auditor - one year term
Time commitment: 10 hours/year
The non-Executive Board Auditor shall:
- Audit the books and financial records of the association annually.
- Complete the year-end audit by July.
- Present a written report to the executive board at the August meeting.
- Audit the books upon resignation of the Director of Finance-Treasurer, Financial Secretary.
- Not be related by blood or marriage or reside in the same household as the financial officers and/or authorized signers of checks.
- Be responsible for verifying that all necessary report forms required for insurance, tax returns, and other forms required by state and federal government agencies have been completed and filed by the due date.
Director of Staff Support - one year term
The BBC Director of Staff Support shall:
- Recruit and train classroom ambassadors for all classrooms at both North and South campus
- Recruit and train volunteers to support staff lounge utensil and snack supplies
- Consolidate information from BBC and bear essentials, and send out a MessageBoard to all CAs every week with the help of the BBC Director of Communications
- Buy and send e gift cards to teachers for birthdays and life events
- Set up Holliday and staff appreciation gift fund and issue gift cards
- Coordinate for staff dinner a back to school night and a few more staff luncheons during the school year
Director of Community Outreach - one year term
The BBC Director of Community Outreach shall:
- Maintain a good relationship with our community partners
- Plan and organize Parent and Student Education Program such as speaker series
- Apply for grants and financial support for Bullis Summer Camp
- Play a liaison role with other BCS affiliated organizations such as foundation
Financial Secretary - one year term
Time commitment: 5 hours/month
The BBC Financial Secretary shall:
- Be responsible for working with Directors to collect all monies for the organization, deposit in a BBC account in a bank approved by the Executive Board, and give a copy of the deposit slip to the Treasurer.
- Receive and retain original deposit slip for any deposit made.
- Follow up with BBC Board and/or event, program, committee chairs to collect payments as necessary.
- Keep an accurate record of all receipts for filing with the Treasurer’s financial records.
- Deliver to the successor in office, all records in his/her possession by end of term.
BBC Board Member at Large
Members-at-Large role is created for parents interested in contributing particular skills or expertise to the BBC board and the school as a whole or those who would like to participate in board discussions and provide support where needed.