2021 - 2022 BBC Executive Board
TO CONTACT ANY OF THE BBC BOARD MEMBERS
PLEASE EMAIL: BBC@BULLISBOOSTERSCLUB.COM
BBC 2020 Organization Chart - to be updated
JOIN THE BBC BOARD
We are always looking for ways to engage our community. Recruiting volunteers to join the BBC Board is critical for our ability to continue offering exceptional BBC programs that support our community, students, and staff. A position on the BBC board is typically from January through December, either for 1 or 2 years. This way, board members get a chance to come up to speed on issues, are ready to take action for end-of-year and new school year programs, hence why it doesn't align with the school year.
To learn more about the Bullis Boosters Club, or to nominate a parent for the board, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For 2022, we currently recruit for the following positions on BBC Board:
BBC Chair - one year term
BBC Co-Chair - two year term (Co-Chair becomes the Chair in Year 2)
Time commitment: 20-40 hours/month
The BBC Chair and Co-Chair will fully collaborate in order to:
- Lead, motivate, coordinate, and oversee staffing and accountability of the Executive Board in accordance with the BBC mission.
- Be the official representatives for the organization and official liaisons to other BCS boards (BCS Board and Foundation) and Bullis Charter School.
- Develop the annual overall BBC event, program, and committee plan.
- Calendar and preside at all meetings of the Executive Board and general membership.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility and overall solvency of the organization.
- Sign all authorizations for payment as required by the Executive Board. Co-sign BBC checks. Signers must not be related by blood or marriage or reside in the same household as the other authorized signers for the BBC’s financial accounts.
- Sign all contracts pertaining to the BBC
- Lead the Bylaw Review Committee on a two-year schedule or as needed.
- Lead the Auxiliary Strategic Planning Committee as needed to ensure continuing strategic planning vision.
- Deliver to the successor in office, all records in his/her possession by end of term
- Perform other duties as may be delegated to this position and/or described in the BBC Job Descriptions Manual for this position.
BBC Auditor - one year term
Time commitment: 10 hours/year
The non-Executive Board Auditor shall:
- Audit the books and financial records of the association annually.
- Complete the year-end audit by July.
- Present a written report to the executive board at the August meeting.
- Audit the books upon resignation of the Director of Finance-Treasurer, Financial Secretary.
- Not be related by blood or marriage or reside in the same household as the financial officers and/or authorized signers of checks.
- Be responsible for verifying that all necessary report forms required for insurance, tax returns, and other forms required by state and federal government agencies have been completed and filed by the due date.
BBC Financial Secretary - one year term
Time commitment: 5 hours/month
The BBC Financial Secretary shall:
- Be responsible for working with Directors to collect all monies for the organization, deposit in a BBC account in a bank approved by the Executive Board, and give a copy of the deposit slip to the Treasurer.
- Receive and retain original deposit slip for any deposit made.
- Follow up with BBC Board and/or event, program, committee chairs to collect payments as necessary.
- Keep an accurate record of all receipts for filing with the Treasurer’s financial records.
- Deliver to the successor in office, all records in his/her possession by end of term.
BBC Director of Communications - two years term
Time commitment: 10 hours/month
The BBC Director of Communications shall:
- Be responsible for the branding of the BBC and the maintenance of the BBC website (be comfortable with technology).
- Branding, i.e. logo of BBC, colors, work with Director of Membership and Fundraising to make sure parents understand what is BBC and recognize us.
- Website: page content and updates, navigation and permissions in Membership Toolkit
- Website/Message Board: support the other BBC Directors with message board configuration, sales of tix or spirit wear, signup sheets for volunteers, etc.
- Works on putting together the BBC Newsletters and works together with BBC Board members to prepare a BBC blurb for the school Bear Essentials & Room Ambassadors's emails
- Monitor the email@example.com email address for all request/queries/questions.
- Maintain the BBC Calendar of Events in Membership Toolkit.
BBC Director of Food Programing - two years term
Time commitment: 40 hours in Aug/Sept (beginning of school year) - then 4 hours/month
The BBC Director of Food Programing shall:
- Oversee the BCS lunch program, working closely with BCS administration. Strategize on best policies and implement processes to ensure lunch duty runs smoothly.
- Recruit and train volunteers for lunch duty shifts, especially at the beginning of school year and sometimes another push is needed mid-year.
- Liaison with hot food vendor My Green Lunch, especially in beginning of school year to set up teachers and discuss delivery schedules. Coordinate with them on any issues throughout year such as missing lunches or policy changes.
- Stock lunch supplies such as hand sanitizer, gloves, etc. Most items are stocked by our lunch vendor but a few need to be restocked monthly by the Food Director.
- Ideally volunteer for a weekly lunch duty spot / will recruit a North and South Lead
- Work closely with lunch leads for the 3 campuses to ensure lunch duty runs efficiently.
BBC Director of Membership and Fundraising - two years term
Time commitment: 10 hours/month
The BBC Director of Membership and fundraising shall:
- Be responsible for monitoring the BBC members' database and cleaning it up (we use a tool call membership toolkit in order to do so - some level of comfort with computer tools or database concepts a nice have).
- Be responsible for making publicity to invite parents to become members and make sure the benefits provided are useful for the members (currently, access to the school directory is the main benefit, other then the voting right).
- Think of ways to reach 100% of participation by our community into the BBC
- Be responsible to find a Walkathon chair and support the walkathon team - Walkathon being on of the biggest fundraising event (October), other then membership, to bring money into the BBC to support our events and programs
- Be responsible to find a SpiritWear chair - SpiritWear money made goes toward BBC fundraising
- Bring forward other fundraising ideas to be added to the BBC programs