2021 - 2022 BBC Executive Board
TO CONTACT ANY OF THE BBC BOARD MEMBERS
PLEASE EMAIL: BBC@BULLISBOOSTERSCLUB.COM
JOIN THE BBC BOARD
We are always looking for ways to engage our community. Recruiting volunteers to join the BBC Board is critical for our ability to continue offering exceptional BBC programs that support our community, students, and staff.
To learn more about the Bullis Boosters Club, or to nominate a parent for the board, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For 2021, we currently recruit for the following positions on BBC Board:
BBC Co-Chair - two year term (Co-Chair becomes the Chair in Year 2)
Time commitment: 20-40 hours/month
The BBC Chair and Co-Chair will fully collaborate in order to:
- Lead, motivate, coordinate, and oversee staffing and accountability of the Executive Board in accordance with the BBC mission.
- Be the official representatives for the organization and official liaisons to other BCS boards (BCS Board and Foundation) and Bullis Charter School.
- Develop the annual overall BBC event, program, and committee plan.
- Calendar and preside at all meetings of the Executive Board and general membership.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility and overall solvency of the organization.
- Sign all authorizations for payment as required by the Executive Board. Co-sign BBC checks. Signers must not be related by blood or marriage or reside in the same household as the other authorized signers for the BBC’s financial accounts.
- Sign all contracts pertaining to the BBC
- Lead the Bylaw Review Committee on a two-year schedule or as needed.
- Lead the Auxiliary Strategic Planning Committee as needed to ensure continuing strategic planning vision.
- Deliver to the successor in office, all records in his/her possession by end of term
- Perform other duties as may be delegated to this position and/or described in the BBC Job Descriptions Manual for this position.
BBC Director of Middle School Support – one year term
The BBC Director of Middle School Support will:
- Evaluate programming, assess current needs, and make recommendations to the BBC Board regarding events that recognize and support BCS Middle School in accordance with the BBC mission.
- Coordinate with other event chairs to ensure that the Middle School has representation at all school-wide activities.
- Select all Middle School Support event, program, or committee chairs with the assistance of the Director of Volunteer Engagement.
- Oversee and facilitate the production of events (including pre-planning, event day, and post-event needs) by assisting Middle School Support chairs. Activities may include but are not limited to events’ budgets, timing, volunteer needs, facilities, and communication procedures.
- Ensure that any monies collected from events are forwarded to the Financial Secretary.
- Be prepared to fill the vacancy of an event chair who is not fulfilling responsibilities or to find a replacement with consent of both Chair and Co-Chair.
- Perform such other duties as may be delegated to this position and/or described in the BBC Job Descriptions Manual for this position.
The non-Executive Board Auditor shall:
- Audit the books and financial records of the association annually.
- Complete the year-end audit by July.
- Present a written report to the executive board at the August meeting.
- Audit the books upon resignation of the Director of Finance-Treasurer, Financial Secretary.
- Not be related by blood or marriage or reside in the same household as the financial officers and/or authorized signers of checks.
- Be responsible for verifying that all necessary report forms required for insurance, tax returns, and other forms required by state and federal government agencies have been completed and filed by the due date.